You've heard of hackathons. This is the first-ever Tickets Insightathon. We invite up to 100 professionals interested in the business of selling tickets (academics also welcome) and up to 100 business analytics students from around the country (plus all Baylor S3 Analytics students) to participate in a data analytics & insights championship, January 29-31, 2020, in Waco, Texas. The winner of the competition gets a trip for two to New York City to meet with NBA executives, dine with SAP executives and friends, and go to a game (Knicks or Nets) on us. Well, on our sponsors.
Thanks to the visionary leadership of our partners, here's the plan:
- We kick off the festivities at the Magnolia Silos on Wednesday January 29, with your choice of some of the best BBQ and Asian Fusion you've ever had, presented by Learfield/IMG College. Thanks to Chip & Joanna Gaines, all participants get a private shopping hour and 10% discount during our evening dinner hours.
- Students will analyze big data from AXS, the primary ticket provider for scores of U.S. & U.K. properties, to provide insights on variables that best explain or predict tickets sold, average ticket price and total sales.
- SAP & the NBA, our presenting partners, are providing access to the SAP Analytics Cloud for the competition. Students will receive a tutorial before launching into the data to produce actionable insights.
- Learfield/IMG College, KORE Software, Venue Next, Stage Front and AXS will provide judges in the competition, as well as sponsor the great food we eat. We need and welcome other professionals to act as judges, observers, and/or diners.
- Baylor Athletics is providing the venue, McLane Stadium, for the competition on Thursday, January 30. The luxury suites will serve nicely for the early heats in the competition and the large meeting rooms will host the semi-finals, finals and meals.
- While students analyze data on Thursday morning, we have two special sessions for professionals on (1) Seller POV: Ticket Trends to Watch in 2020, and (2) Buyer POV: The Fan of the Future.
- The Analytics Career Fair, held Friday, January 31, in our state-of-the-art business school on the Foster Campus, will provide a dedicated space for all participating professional organizations to visit with competition participants in the morning and to arrange interviews in the afternoon. You can see the students in action on Thursday and recruit the top talent in the country on Friday.
Visionaries like you
Special thanks to the visionary leaders among our event partners: Dan Fleetwood and Prateek Jain (SAP), Michael James and Kelly Higgins (NBA), Jeff Gosey (Learfield/IMG), Rob Sine and Sezin Aksoy (AXS), Russell Scibetti (KORE Software), Mike Guiffre (Front Stage), Jovan Overshown (Baylor), and Doug McNamee and Amy Gaston (Magnolia).
We invite our friends from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, and MLS, as well as corporations & agencies, to join us. We help ourselves by giving back to the future talent of the industry. Click here to join us. Early birds get the cheap ticket ($25).