First, read Chapter 5: Selling Season Tickets.
Then, check out the article, "Baseball Saw a Million More Empty Seats. Does It Matter?"
- What are the barriers of attendance that come into play for baseball more than other sports?
- What have the Oakland A's done to address the decline in season ticket sales?
- What are other ways teams are attempting to increase the perceived value of their ticket packages?
- How might we reduce churn of season tickets?
- What risk does the author of the article mention if teams rely too much on media rights to generate revenue and reduce focus on ticket sales?