First, read Chapter 2: Fan Identification and Passion.
Then, read the article from the Boston Globe: Left out in the cold, ‘jinxed’ Pats fans ostracized on game day by friends.
- For highly passionate Patriots fans, how is football like a religion?
- What are the consumption behaviors (3M) that highly identified Patriots fans will engage in?
- Do you think Judge and Ken are likely to BIRG after the AFC Championship game?
- What are ways that a highly identified Patriots fan might show in-group favoritism while at the game? How might they show out-group derogation to a Chiefs fan?
- For NFL teams like the Cardinals and Jets, how can they build fan identification despite a poor season?