First, read Chapter 9: Managing the Sportscape.
Next, read the article, Mariners Launch Mobile-Only Entry and Cashless Pilot at T-Mobile Park and Cashless Stadiums - Where we are in 2018.
- How might moving to a cashless ballpark increase customer comfort or satisfaction? Which aspects of the sportscape would it improve?
- What types of fans is a cashless ballpark likely to affect the most?
- Do you think these technology moves will increase overall satisfaction in the sportscape? Why or why not?
- What are some reasons why managing the sportscape can be difficult for management?
- What can management do to help fans adjust to these changes?