Photo by Jamie Ramsey/https://ramsey.mlblogs.com/
First, read Chapter 8: Promotional Incentives for Sports and Entertainment. Then check out the article, "The best MLB ballpark giveaways for 2018: Look at each team's best free stuff."
- In response to the fact that there were 81 home games in this year's MLB season, this article states, "...for a large majority of fans, it’s picking and choosing select games in which to enjoy the National Pastime." The writer goes on to say that promotions are a good way to get non-season ticket holders to the turnstiles. What do we learn from Chapter 8 about promotion-prone individuals?
- How would a marketing team know whether a promotion increased ticket demand or simply shifted demand from other games?
- What does Chapter 8 suggest about how to change promotion focus from promotion-prone individuals to a segment of fans you want to reward or incentivize?
- Why should promotions always be sponsored?
- Choose a team and sponsor and create a promotion idea that is well-designed according to the CASES acronym.