- Readers can read this book for $25 & print PDFs for future use. Go Gold here.
- Learners can read each edition of this annually updated online book for a lifetime. Be a Lifer here.
- Students may subscribe by clicking on Membership.
- Instructors please email directly for an instructor's pass to the website.
Team Sports Marketing is a sports marketing text written from a perspective of those working or seeking careers in the field of sports & entertainment. Academics and practitioners can appreciate the usefulness of a text based on marketing theory & research and extensive experience in the field. Students will enjoy the creative writing style aimed at their understanding and retaining the material, the low subscription fee ($25), and the availability of the text on phones, tablets, laptops, and PCs.
New chapter: For Fall 2018, we added Chapter 12 on Promotion Campaigns: How to Promote a League, Team, Player or You and updated Chapter 6 on factors predicting MLB attendance and pricing decisions.  Baylor University participates in the Fox Sports University program. The new Chapter 12 provides a brief outline of producing an ad campaign for competitions. Hopefully students will be further motivated to take advertising and digital marketing courses to build out their skills.
Integrate. Our sister publication, the Baylor S3 Report provides current best practices relevant to Team Sports Marketing. Monthly content is shared by the industry with the industry. Membership is free.
Interact. Chapter content is updated annually so instructors, students, and managers receive the latest best practices and insights into sports & entertainment marketing. The interactive nature of the online community allows professors and professionals to offer input to the materials and insights available on the site. Students and professors may make comments on each chapter. Since today's learners always have their iPhone, iPad, or other mobile device in hand, the book is available 24/7.
Go Green. In an ecological and economic sense, you and your students save green using Team Sports Marketing in the classroom. First, no trees were killed in the production of this website. Second, the student subscription rate of $25 for six months offers great value compared to quickly out-dated hard copy textbooks. For those wanting a lifetime subscription, the $100 subscription still compares favorably with hard copy texts.
Contribute. As a professor, your work may already be cited in Team Sports Marketing. If not, we are always looking for published empirical studies that would add to our understanding! Please submit the citation reference, a PDF or link to the article, and your suggestion of where it fits to The Author. You may also want to submit a blog/article related to the Baylor S3 Report or to use with one of the text sections. Please email or call.
Preview. Instructors or organizational buyers wishing to review the text may email The Author for free access to the text and instructor's materials. For each chapter, Team Sports Marketing includes (a) PowerPoint slides containing class exercises and discussion (b) list of key terms & chapter essay question, and (c) multiple choice test bank questions.
The text preface begins with, What is sports marketing? and Chapter 1 introduces the framework for the chapters. An overview of each section of the book may be viewed for each of the sections in the text: The Fan, Marketing Management, and Sponsorships. The Marketing Management section contains the majority of the chapters--and that overview page contains an introduction to each of these chapters.
Credit. Many of the ideas and content in this text can be credited to learning from the best, our advisory board members of Baylor's Sports Strategy & Sales (S3) program:
TEAMS (Executives on advisory board)
1. NBA Office: Matt Wolf, Matt Goodman
2. Charlotte Hornets: Chris Zeppenfeld
3. Dallas Mavericks: George Killebrew, Whitney McNeil
4. Houston Rockets: Gretchen Sheirr, Cody Haynes
5. Orlando Magic: Jay Riola, Haley Meier
6. San Antonio Spurs: Frank Miceli, Joe Clark, Tim Salier, Lindsay Beale (S3)
7. Philadelphia 76ers/New Jersey Devils: Flavil Hampsten
8. Cleveland Cavaliers: Dionna Widder, Damion Chatmon, Mitch Ried, Jordan Cannon
9. Denver Nuggets: Rob Zuer, Eliott Critchfield
10. Madison Square Garden: Marc Jackson
11. Chicago Cubs: Colin Faulkner
12. Houston Astros: Jason Howard, Matt Brand, Michael Dillon, Jay Verrill, Adam Martelli, Anita Sehgal
13. Texas Rangers: Paige Farragut, Nick Richardson, Katie Morgan
14. San Diego Padres: Eric McKenzie, Curt Waugh, Matt Clark
15. New York Yankees: Mike Robbins, Joe Leva
16. New York Mets: Wade Graf, Chris Zaber, Kenny Koperda
17. Dallas Cowboys: Heidi Weingartner, Matt McInnis, Alexa Charpentier
18. Miami Dolphins: Jeremy Walls, Nick Forro
19. Houston Texans: Greg Grissom, Derek Beeman, Brian George
21. Miami Heat: John Vidalin
22. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Ben Milsom, Deno Anagnost
23. Arizona Diamondbacks: Geno Fata
24. Phoenix Suns: John Torris, Blake Pallansch
25. LA Kings/Galaxy: Kelly Cheeseman, Aaron LeValley
26. Columbus Blue Jackets: Jeff Eldersveld, Joe Andrade
27. FC Dallas: Kris Katseanes
28. Homestead Miami Speedway: Shawn McGee
29. Minnesota Timberwolves: Jake Vernon, Scott Herbert
30. Portland Trail Blazers: Chris McGowan, Tyler Howell, Joe Isse
31. San Jose Sharks: Neda Tabatabaie, Frank Batres
32. Houston Dynamo: Anthony Potts
33. San Francisco 49ers: Nana Yaw
34. LA FC: Corey Breton
35. Vegas Golden Knights: Todd Pollock(S3), Chase Jolesch (S3)
CORPORATIONS (Executive, Company, Category)
1. Dinn Mann, formerly of MLB Advanced Media
2. Tami T. Walker, Phillips 66, Oil & Gas
3. Jose Lozano, The Company, Agency
4. Dan Migala, Property Consulting Group
5. Eric Fernandez, Sports Desk Media
6. Dan Fleetwood, SAP, Technology
7. Bill Moseley, AT&T, Telecom
8. Lynda Carrier Metz, Pizza Hut, Restaurants
9. Derek Blake, La Quinta Inns & Suites
10. Katie Scallan, Toyota (Gulf States), Automotive
11. Kelly Roddy, Focus Brands (Schlotsky’s, Cinnabon, Carvel), FSR
12. Anne Rivers, BAV Consulting, Sponsorship Research
13. Patrick Ryan, Eventellect
14. John Dillon, Denny’s, Full-Service Restaurant
15. Adam Budelli, StubHub, Ticketing
16. Mary Hyink, Fox Sports Southwest
17. Russell Scibetti, KORE
- Updated quizzes are available to instructors in the Canvas quiz folder.↩